Monday, October 02, 2023

WhatsApp and AC

 Being in the service line gives me enough insights into people's minds through conversations. Two things have been intriguing me. I am no psychologist and hence my inference may be wrong but I do have a strong hunch that my logic and fear are not out of place.


1 Lack of patience


I observe the growing lack of impatience among common people. They are impatient while standing in a queue, executing a banking transaction, expecting delivery of an online good ordered, waiting in any & every service point and in many more circumstances where a wait is expected. To a large extent, I believe that WhatsApp is the villian. My logic emanates from the simple fact that people have grown used to videos / data points / messages being delivered in a matter of few milli-seconds even across thousands of miles. Besides, it is widely used as a communication mode across all strata of population and no WhatsApp user uses it in a limited manner. One must realise that every service cannot be executed at the pace of WhatsApp delivery. I am worried that incremental impatience might affect the health, inhibit thinking, curtail research and Improve chances of a fracas in the environment.


2 My world


We are used to AC environments in offices, houses, travel modes and other points of engagements. The prevalence of AC usage is also increasing. A simple thing which accompanies the usage of AC is the closing of the doors, windows and other outlets. Excessive usage of AC may have an effect on developing a closed mind and limiting of thoughts. We may be developing a penchant for a feeling that me and my family / surroundings are well placed and this is my world. Nature however has well placed mechanisms around inter-connectedness. My well-being is a function of the wellness of all around me; this thought, I am afraid is reducing in its strength. Not thinking about others may bring in aligned problems in the society over a period of time.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
banker for the belly, has a penchant for knowing something new, jumps into many things from neutrons-netas-nazis-nature, chronicler of anything historical, avid reader, occasional writer, connoisseur of food, amateur photographer, fb addict, blogger, stoic and philosopher at heart...